InterCommunity provides primary care and behavioral health services in East Hartford school-based health centers. InterCommunity staffs and operates nine centers in the following schools: East Hartford High, Synergy Alternative High, East Hartford Middle, Mayberry Elementary, Silver Lane Elementary, Langford Elementary, Sunset Ridge, Woodland, and the Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC) at Hockanum School.
In addition, InterCommunity also operates a school-based health center in Manchester at Illing Middle School.
School-based health centers provide services beyond the scope of the school nurse. InterCommunity works closely with school nurses and other outside care providers, and is a resource center for wellness and prevention. With a signed parental permission form, students can receive complete health care services during school hours, including:
- Diagnoses and treatment of minor injuries and illnesses (such as colds, ear infections, sore throats, etc.)
- Mental health and substance abuse risk screenings
- Routine well-child check-ups
- Physical examinations, including sports physicals
- Prescriptions and dispensing of medication
- Laboratory testing, including on-site point of care testing
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- Management of chronic conditions, such as asthma
- Nutrition counseling and weight management
- Crisis intervention and assessments
- Individual, family and group counseling
- Fluoride treatments
- Referral & follow-up for specialty and dental
Registration forms can be obtained at the schools and can be downloaded here:
Pediatric History Form (English)
Registration Form (English)
Pediatric History Form (Spanish)
Registration Form (Spanish)
Registration Form (Emancipated Student – English)
Registration Form (Emancipated Student – Spanish)
For more information, please contact Tricia Orozco, School-Based Health Centers Director, at 860-622-5347.
See Notice of Privacy Practices here. (English)
Notice of Privacy Practices (Spanish)
Please note that some hours have been modified due to COVID-19.
Synergy: Monday through Friday: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm.
ECLC: Monday: 8 am – 12:00 pm, Tues: 8 am – 2:30 pm, Wed: 8 am – 11 am, Thursday and Friday: 8 am – 2:30 pm
East Hartford High School: Monday – Friday: 7:30 am – 4 pm
East Hartford Middle School: Monday – Friday: 8 am – 4:30 pm
Langford: Monday – Friday: 8 am – 4:30 pm
Mayberry Elementary: Monday, Wed and Fri: 8 am – 4:30 pm, Tues and Thursday: 8 am – 3:30 pm
Silver Lane: Monday – Friday: 8 am – 4 pm
Sunset Ridge School: Monday – Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm
Woodland School: Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 4 pm