InterCommunity provides primary care and behavioral health services in East Hartford school-based health centers. InterCommunity staffs and operates seven centers in the following schools: East Hartford High, Synergy Alternative High, East Hartford Middle, Mayberry Elementary, Silver Lane Elementary, Langford Elementary, and the Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC) at Hockanum School.
School-based health centers provide services beyond the scope of the school nurse. InterCommunity works closely with school nurses and other outside care providers, and is a resource center for wellness and prevention. With a signed parental permission form, students can receive complete health care services during school hours, including:
- Diagnoses and treatment of minor injuries and illnesses (such as colds, ear infections, sore throats, etc.)
- Mental health and substance abuse risk screenings
- Routine well-child check-ups
- Physical examinations, including sports physicals
- Prescriptions and dispensing of medication
- Laboratory testing, including on-site point of care testing
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- Management of chronic conditions, such as asthma
- Nutrition counseling and weight management
- Crisis intervention and assessments
- Individual, family and group counseling
- Fluoride treatments
- Referral & follow-up for specialty and dental
Registration forms can be obtained at the schools and can be downloaded here:
For more information, please contact Tricia Orozco, School-Based Health Centers Director, at 860-622-5347.
Please note that some hours have been modified due to COVID-19.
Synergy: Monday through Friday: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm.
ECLC: Monday: 8 am – 12:00 pm, Tues: 8 am – 2:30 pm, Wed: 8 am – 11 am, Thursday and Friday: 8 am – 2:30 pm
East Hartford High School: Monday – Friday: 7:30 am – 4 pm
East Hartford Middle School: Monday – Friday: 8 am – 4:30 pm
Langford: Monday – Friday: 8 am – 4:30 pm
Mayberry Elementary: Monday, Wed and Fri: 8 am – 4:30 pm, Tues and Thursday: 8 am – 3:30 pm
Silver Lane: Monday – Friday: 8 am – 4 pm