Below is a summary of InterCommunity work on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives:
- DE&I and ELT (Executive Leadership Team) check-ins occur weekly, with a review of data captured from surveys, outcomes of trainings/community conversations, progress of the DE&I Council and ongoing Road Mapping work.
- DE&I Council: Monthly meetings to work on DEI initiatives are ongoing. The organization’s co-leadership bring high level items to ELT on a monthly basis. Membership consists of all levels of staff, including one member of ELT who will be present at the start of some Council meetings to support ongoing work. Tracey Decker, Chief Administrative Officer, is the current ELT Champion for ELT.
- DE&I Trainings: Trainings scheduled for managers, directors and ELT consist of four, 90-minute instructor-led courses. The curriculum is designed to ground leaders with the tools needed to make effective change and champion DE&I efforts within the organization.
- DE&I Community Conversations: These are conversations that surround DE&I topics and help staff conduct difficult conversations, support and build allyship, and identify microaggressions in order to better facilitate DE&I throughout all of InterCommunity.
- DE&I Town Hall meetings: These meetings take place bi-monthly. Speakers will present on a topic that is important to the work InterCommunity is doing and that is important to staff.